Did you know NextDoor offers a FREE Business Page? Now a business owner, employee, or an authorized business representative can show their true locality and make it easier for neighbors to both find and recommend their products and/or services.
Getting started is pretty simple:
- Verify the account you want to use to claim and manage your business page.
- Add your business name.
- Add your business address.
- Pick categories that are relevant to your business. TIP: not all categories show in the scroll list! Try typing in your category if it’s past the letter D.
Now, let’s set up your new business page:
- Upload your logo or photo as your profile photo. The profile is a round shape, like most other platforms. I created mine as a 1080px X 1080px at 150dpi. Either a JPG or PNG will work.
- Upload a cover photo, 600px X 400px. If you don’t get this done before you finalize, don’t worry – you can click the gray Edit button and get back to it.
- Add your business contact information: name, email, phone, and website. You can also choose to have people contact you through NextDoor instead.
- Ask for recommendations. You can skip this step, it’s not required.
- Walla! You should see a pop-up welcome banner that rolls to your new page!
Your next page is about Ads Management. The purpose is to create ads for your business so it’s visible to your neighborhood. I don’t think this is required but I went through the screens to make sure.
Check your Settings-Push Notifications and Email Notifications to set the frequency for updates, alerts, etc. By default, all are turned ON.
Write a business post. This is a good place to introduce your business to your neighbors, share a short video link, your blog article, or a holiday special – whatever makes sense for your business.
For additional guidance, visit their webpage: https://business.nextdoor.com/en-us/small-business/resources/blog/guide-to-claiming-your-nextdoor-business-page
I think this is a terrific move by NextDoor and a long time in coming. NextDoor may have needed enough stats to understand members were asking for — and receiving — recommendations to their neighbor’s favorite landscaper, pest control company, etc. Now they’ve provided a solution.
When neighbors engage with your page, be it a response to one of your posts or leaving a recommendation, be sure to respond timely. If you don’t, your neighbors will know.
Be strategic. Be visible. Be found.
Ready to start using social media smarter, not harder? Schedule a 15-minute one-on-one coffee chat over ZOOM to talk about strategically incorporating both social media and inbound strategies into your current marketing plan.
Branded ZOOM backgrounds allow businesses to not only add another option for secondary marketing but also confirm both identity and authority to prospects and customers. Investment starts at $95. Visit our webpage to get started.
#smallbusiness #businesstips #marketingtips #socialmedia #digitalmarketing #visiblymedia #socialmediasaturday #socialmediamarketing